Welcome



Welcome.

You have just entered a portal to the wonderful world of lasers. The content that follows can get a little complicated. There will be some technical terms that I will have to use throughout the posts. I will definitely make the science easy to understand (if not, then get on my back and I will make things clearer). I will also try to add some kind of entertaining element to the posts to keep things interesting.

I highly encourage you to comment on my posts. Criticism is very welcome... just try to leave out the ad hominems.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Introduction

     Welcome to my blog on all things laser.  I have created this blog for a Communicating Science class I am enrolled in.  I will lead you through some very interesting physical concepts while describing the applications of laser that have been and will be seen.  Get ready to learn about a really fascinating topic while enjoying the fun that can be experienced in association with lasers.  There are a number of many other science-related blogs that can be found at my professor's website.

2 comments:

  1. Liking the look of your blog--the design works so far.

    I think the way you've written your first post, you're limiting your audience somewhat. Definitely interesting to laser geeks (and other geeks) but you're shutting out other members of the public with the jargon.

    You may also want to think about having separate posts for separate ideas. Phosphorescence (sp?) may be better covered in a separate post.

    Good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Jen. I split this post into separate posts. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete