Welcome



Welcome.

You have just entered a portal to the wonderful world of lasers. The content that follows can get a little complicated. There will be some technical terms that I will have to use throughout the posts. I will definitely make the science easy to understand (if not, then get on my back and I will make things clearer). I will also try to add some kind of entertaining element to the posts to keep things interesting.

I highly encourage you to comment on my posts. Criticism is very welcome... just try to leave out the ad hominems.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lasers help to free you from your demons

You were a teenager!  You were young, irresponsible, and wanted something to show off.  Getting that tattoo was the natural thing to do!

But now you are getting tired of putting lotion on it, and the image is blurring, and you are afraid of what will happen when you get wrinkles.  Maybe you are becoming a different person, and that image of the devil just isn't you anymore.  Maybe "Jessica" dumped you, and you want to erase every memory of her.  Whatever the reason, you want your tattoo gone.  Well take a look at this video, where a man came to a similar realization and is using lasers to help him get rid of his demons [source].

2 comments:

  1. That's a really good application for lasers. It would be cool if you could find out how it actually works and post later on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into how the laser breaks down the tattoo pigment, but I have a feeling that the laser wavelength is tuned to the absorption wavelength of the pigment. The energy of the laser would get imparted to the pigment and cause it to burn or break apart with the high intensity. I will check to make sure, though.

    ReplyDelete